Special Interest Section
Section Members: Log In to Access Community Site
Who Should Join?
ACOEM members who care for healthcare workers, or whose activities address the range of exposures common to medical centers.
- To provide educational opportunities to ACOEM members wishing to further their knowledge of medical center occupational health.
- To provide forums for discussion of current medical center occupational health issues.
- To address through ACOEM Guidance Documents or Position Statements salient issues of healthcare workers.
- To participate in national dialogue and provide input to federal guidance around medical center-based occupational health issues.
- Conduct yearly presentation of medical center-based topical material at AOHC seminars.
- Conduct annual or bi-annual presentation of ACOEM Medical Center Occupational Health and Safety Course.
- Produce ACOEM Guidance Documents.
- Participate in planning of ACOEM conferences.
- Formulate of ACOEM responses to federal requests for commentary regarding medical center-based guidance.
- Participate as liaison on federal advisory committees.
- Hold annual in-person section meeting at AOHC.
- Promote communication with other professionals in the field of medical center occupational health through the MCOH-EH listserv at www.mcoh-eh.net. The listserv is moderated by one or more Section members.
2019-2020 Section Leaders
Amy Behrman, MD, FACOEM, Chair