Demonstrate your dedication and leadership in occupational medicine by becoming a Fellow of the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (FACOEM).
The FACOEM designation is ACOEM’s highest acknowledgment that recognizes years of dedication to exceptional education, leadership, and commitment to the specialty.
Applications for the Class of 2022 are now being accepted!
To be eligible to apply to become a FACOEM a physician member in good standing must:
Upon meeting these qualifications, physician members must:
- Have been an Active Member for three membership years (Student and Resident Membership years do not count towards this requirement);
- Be Board Certified
- In occupational medicine through ABPM; or
- In another ABMS specialty, or international equivalent, plus hold a master’s in public health (MPH) plus 50 Hours of continuing medical education (CME) in occupational medicine from ACOEM; or
- In another ABMS specialty, or international equivalent, plus 100 Hours of CME from ACOEM (if no MPH)
- Submit a completed application;
- Submit a one-page narrative outlining contributions to ACOEM, components, or the field of OEM, outside of normal work requirements (this requirement may be satisfied through a multitude of activities including but not limited to: teaching, presentations, public advocacy, publications, meeting attendance, or committee service);
- Provide two letters of recommendation, one by an active ACOEM Fellow; and
- Submit a current Curriculum Vitae and $225 application fee.
How to Apply
Download the application for the Class of 2022 here