ACOEM is committed to creating new content to enhance member value. Webinars will be offered on a twice-monthly basis and are FREE to members. Check back regularly for new topics and links to view recordings of previous webinars.
Occupational Health Approach to Worker Well-being: Pandemic Update
July 13, 2020; 2:00 pm CDT
The National Academy of Medicine's Action Collaborative on Clinician Well-being and Resilience recommends a systems approach to professional well-being. Burnout is a phenomena characterized by a state of exhaustion, loss of idealism, eventual detachment, and a low sense of personal accomplishment. It is a prevalent and major occupational hazard among clinicians. Occupational medicine and psychiatry approaches and frameworks have much to add to the discussion as health care organizations and professionals respond to this longstanding challenge which has been further exacerbated by COVID-19. Attendees will be introduced to multiple frameworks that can be used to create a systems approaches to advance clinician well-being, and learn how they can join or lead efforts in their institutions to promote clinician well-being.
- Gaurava Agarwal, MD, Director of Physician Well-Being, Northwestern Medical Group, Chicago, IL
- Greg Couser, MD, MPH, FACOEM, Occupational Psychiatrist and Medical Director, Employee Assistance Program, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Save the Date!
- USPS Occupational Health Response to COVID-19: The Importance of Leveraging Available Resources - July 30, 2020 at 12 pm CDT
- Public Policy Briefing - September 8, 2020 at 12 pm CDT
- Marijuana Part II: The Saga Continues - October 13, 2020 at 12 pm CDT
Previously Recorded Webinars:
- ABPM Transitional MOC Requirements (June 23, 2020)
- IOMSC: Mental and Emotional Health in the Healthcare Workforce During the COVID-19 Pandemic Era: A Global Perspective (June 18, 2020)
- COVID-19: Keeping Construction Workers Safe (June 17, 2020)
- Preparing Current and Future Workplaces for Pandemic's Impacts on Behavioral Health: Questions & Answers (June 3, 2020)
- Our Changing Climate: Heat Stress and Employer Readiness (May 19, 2020)
- Preparing for Large Scale Return to Work: A Strategic and Proactive Approach (May 13, 2020)
- COVID-19 Update: Serology and Return to Work (May 8, 2020)
- COVID-19: Serology and Return to Work (April 24, 2020)
- COVID-19: Decontamination of Personal Protective Equipment (April 22, 2020)
- Landing the Perfect Occupational Medicine Job (April 21, 2020)
- Best Practices for COVID-19: Telemedicine (April 7, 2020)
- COVID-19: Protecting Health Care Workers - Decontamination & Reuse of N95 Respirators (April 3, 2020)
- COVID-19: Protecting Health Care Workers (HCWs) – Epidemiology, Virology and Occupational Health Practice (April 1, 2020)
- COVID-19: Transportation Workers - Impact of Emergency Declarations and Other Occupational Health Issues (March 30, 2020)
- COVID-19: Protecting Health Care Workers - Lessons from Taiwan and Italy (March 20, 2020)
- March 2020 Public Policy Briefing
- Smoking Cessation for Employees (February 25, 2020)
- ACOEM Clinical Guidance to Depressive Disorders (February 13, 2020)
- Marijuana in the Workplace: The Ongoing Saga (January 28, 2020)
- Preparing for Work-related Health Problems Associated with Climate Change (January 22, 2020)
- November 2019 Public Policy Briefing
Submit YOUR Content for a Webinar!
ACOEM special interest sections, component societies, councils, and committees are encouraged to suggest webinar content of interest to all members. If there has been a topic covered in any of these groups that merits broader exposure to members, the OEM community, or the public, we would like to hear about it.
Resources for Webinar Faculty (Login Required)
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.