ACOEM is committed to creating new content to enhance member value. Webinars will be offered on a twice-monthly basis and are FREE to members or available for a small fee if CME is offered. Check back regularly for new topics and links to view recordings of previous webinars.
Smoking Cessation for Employees
Tuesday, February 25, 2020; 12:00 PM CST
More than 68% of smokers report wanting to quit, but most do not use recommended cessation methods resulting in only 4-7% of untreated smokers being likely to successfully quit smoking. Learn about the success story of the Smoking Cessation Program of Employee Occupational Health at the VA in St. Louis, Mo. This program included coaching classes which covered evidence-based recommendations for their quit attempt, nicotine replacement therapy and counseling, and information on alternative options.
- Kathleen Berry, FNP, CWCN, Employee Occupational Health, VA St. Louis Health Care System
Tuesday, March 10, 2020; 12:00 PM CDT
This webinar will provide an update on ACOEM’s advocacy initiatives in 2020. It will also provide any updates on OSHA, NIOSH and EPA initiatives, and present late-breaking information from Washington, D.C.
- Patrick O'Connor, Director, ACOEM Government Relations
Tuesday, March 24, 2020; 12:00 PM CDT
This webinar will discuss the occupational implications of a changing climate, specifically increased ambient temperature. Participants will: 1) recognize how climate change, specifically increased ambient temperature, is impacting workers exposed to heat and hot environments; 2) learn about the risks associated with occupational heat exposure and the results of a successful employer occupational heat-related illness prevention program; and 3) articulate employer practices to mitigate occupational heat stress and heat-related illness.
- Ronda McCarthy, MD, MPH, FACOEM, National Director of Medical Surveillance Services, Concentra
- William Brett Perkison, MD, MPH, FACOEM, Assistant Professor, Southwest Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (SWCOEH)
ACCME Accreditation Statement
The American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
The American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Board of Preventive Medicine Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Credit
This activity has been approved for 1.0 ABPM MOC credit.
Previously Recorded Webinars:
- November 2019 Washington Update (COMING SOON; Member Login Required)
- Preparing for Work-related Health Problems Associated with Climate Change (January 22, 2020/COMING SOON; Member Login Required)
- Marijuana in the Workplace: The Ongoing Saga (January 28, 2020/COMING SOON; Member Login Required)
- ACOEM Clinical Guidance to Depressive Disorders (February 13, 2020)
Submit YOUR Content for a Webinar!
ACOEM special interest sections, component societies, councils, and committees are encouraged to suggest webinar content of interest to all members. If there has been a topic covered in any of these groups that merits broader exposure to members, the OEM community, or the public, we would like to hear about it.
Resources for Webinar Faculty
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org