Submissions are due December 1, 2022.
Entrants are to be full-time journalists or freelance writers/editors/producers in print, broadcast, or online journalism. Entries should have been written/prepared for a consumer audience.
2023 Award Media Entry Time Frame
Published or broadcast on or between December 1, 2021, and November 30, 2022
- Broadcast Journalism (TV / Internet Livestream)
- Small / Medium (Local/State) Market (one award)
- Large (National) Market / Network (one award)
- Written Journalism (Newspaper / Online Journalism)
- Small / Medium Market (one award)
- <50,000 paid circulation (online and hard copy)
- Large Market / Network (one award)
- >50,000 paid circulation (online and hard copy)
- Multimedia Journalism (Digital Storytelling / Other) (up to two awards)
- Student Journalism (one award)
- Full time students in secondary / college / university education working toward a diploma or degree
- OEM / Trade-Specific Media (up to three awards)
Entrants should nominate a specific article / story / report which promotes the understanding of occupational and environmental health and safety and/or is aimed to increase public awareness of workplace health, prevention, and/or wellbeing. Entries will be evaluated on accuracy, originality, creativity, fairness, balance, and objectivity.
Note: ACOEM is not seeking endorsement from news/media agencies or outlets, and ACOEM endorsement of a news/media agency or outlet is not implied. The OEMME Awards are intended to increase the visibility of occupational and environmental medicine by honoring journalists who promote worker health / safety / wellness / well-being and / or contribute to enhancing the visibility of the specialty.
Award Notification and Presentation
The OEMME Awards are presented at the American Occupational Health Conference each year. OEMME Award winners are invited to accept their award in person at AOHC and provide a brief acceptance speech. Complimentary AOHC registration will be provided.
Questions? Contact Erin Ransford, ACOEM's Director of Engagement, at email@example.com.