ACOEM is closely monitoring the Coronavirus situation with World Health Organization (WHO) and local/regional health agencies. The situation is very fluid with increasing cases being reported inside and outside of China. Authorities are taking steps to guard against its spread. Many countries are already adopting surveillance measures and international airports are stepping up screening of incoming travelers from China.
Prevention is key, and should include the following actions:
- Everyone should remain vigilant and postpone unnecessary travel to China
- Ensure good hand hygiene and stay home if unwell
- Stay away from live animal markets
- Seek medical attention if you are feeling unwell or have flu like symptoms for more than three days
- Anyone who has travelled to Wuhan during the last 14 days should contact their local Health and Medical prior to mobilizing
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or flexed elbow
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Meat and eggs should be thoroughly cooked for consumption
As more information about the outbreak and health directives become available, we will update our guidance on appropriate measures.