Special Interest Section
Section Members: Log In to Access Community Site
Who Should Join?
ACOEM members who serve as Medical Review Officers and those otherwise involved in drug and alcohol testing.
The MRO Section will:
- 1. Provide an ongoing forum for MROs to discuss mutual concerns
- Offer informal networking opportunities
- Offer focused educational programs on current topics (e.g., alcohol testing)
- Develop position papers on key policy issues affecting MROs
- Address ongoing liability and insurance coverage concerns
- Address other educational, credentialing and policy issues.
- Hold annual Section Meeting at AOHC.
- Conduct communication through the MRO Listserv directed by Karl Auerbach, MD: email@example.com.
- Sponsor MRO Controversies Scientific Session at AOHC annually.
- Sent a section reprensentative to attend the International Forum in Drug and Alcohol Testing Meeting.
Frequently asked to comment on Federal Register notices concerning changes to Federal Drug and Alcohol Testing programs and procedures by ACOEM Board of Directors.
- Frequently asked to comment or provide suggestions to proposed state legislation concerning non-Federal Drug and Alcohol testing protocols and procedures.
- Have written and updated position papers on:
- Ethical Aspects of Drug Testing
- Qualifications of Medical Review Officers in Regulated and Non-regulated Drug Testing