Special Interest Section
Section Members: Log In to Access Community Site
Who Should Join?
All individuals interested in workplace health and wellness initiatives, those wanting a more comprehensive understanding of health and productivity in the workplace, and members wishing to participate in research/projects on workplace health and wellness.
The Section on Health and Human Performance shall:
- Identify, qualify, conceptualize and prepare for implementation opportunities for ACOEM to partner with entities such as PHARMA Corporations, Employers, Unions, Academia, etc.
- Develop and promulgate consensus guidelines and/or standards for the assessment and evaluation of measurements of productivity and systems for tracking such measurements in the workplace
- Facilitate, promote, arrange for and/or conduct primary, secondary, and tertiary research on such measurements and tracking systems either alone or in partnership with others
- Refine such measurements and tracking systems based on the findings of such research
- Identify and implement products and services that ACOEM either alone or in partnership can make available to those in need of such measurements and tracking systems
- Submit reports on its work at each regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Directors and/or at others times as needed
- Plan educational meetings on Health and Productivity for ACOEM members and other key stakeholders
- Development and ongoing updates to the HPM Toolkit™ and the HPM Clinic.
- Conducted survey among members and HR/benefits professions on understanding of HPM.
- Conducted research project on medication adherence.
- Conduct sessions at AOHC on HPM.
- Hold teleconferences every other month.
- Hold annual in-person meeting at AOHC.
- Sponsor web conferences such as the recent "Who Survives? How Benefit Costs Are Killing Your Company".
- Sponsor the HPM Clinic and Worksite Wellness Courses.