Special Interest Section
Section Members: Log In to Access Community Site
Who Should Join?
- Any physician practicing within a corporate or employer setting
- Occupational physicians in clinical practice who are interested in learning more about how to best meet needs of employers
- Occupational medicine / preventive medicine consultants providing corporate medical functions to employers
This section brings together occupational physicians and consultants whose primary practice or main interest is in corporate medicine. The purpose of this section is to discuss issues pertinent to corporate medicine and network. Corporate medicine pertains to the population health management of workers within an employer and potentially family members of employees, and ranges from health promotion/general prevention, occupational medicine, sickness absence/disability/fitness to work issues, ranges from strategy development to service delivery/vendor management, and may involve these issues on an international or global scale.
The section acts as an expert resource to ACOEM in the area of corporate medicine and on request of the Board of Directors or its designer(s), provides advice or a proposed position on issues pertaining to corporate medicine.
- Hold annual in-person section meeting at AOHC.
- Provide section input representing employer/corporate perspective on issues at the request of ACOEM (e.g. pandemic guidance, etc).
- Sponsor relevant AOHC sessions.
2019-2020 Section Leaders
Todd L. Hamel, MD, FAAFP, FACOEM, Chair
Jeffery E. Hess, MD, MS, FACOEM, Vice Chair
Jacob T. Ankeny, MD, Secretary
Romarius L Longmire, MD, MPH, Treasurer