Demonstrate your dedication and leadership in occupational medicine by becoming a Fellow of the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (FACOEM).
The FACOEM designation is ACOEM’s highest acknowledgment that recognizes years of dedication to exceptional education, leadership, and commitment to the specialty.
Applications for the Class of 2023 are now being accepted!
To be eligible to apply to become a FACOEM a physician member in good standing must:
Upon meeting these qualifications, physician members must:
- Have been an Active Member for three membership years (Student and Resident Membership years do not count towards this requirement);
- Be Board Certified
- In occupational medicine through ABPM; or
- In another ABMS specialty, or international equivalent, plus hold a master’s in public health (MPH) plus 50 Hours of continuing medical education (CME) in occupational medicine from ACOEM; or
- In another ABMS specialty, or international equivalent, plus 100 Hours of CME from ACOEM (if no MPH)
- Submit a completed application;
- Submit a one-page narrative outlining contributions to ACOEM, components, or the field of OEM, outside of normal work requirements (this requirement may be satisfied through a multitude of activities including but not limited to: teaching, presentations, public advocacy, publications, meeting attendance, or committee service);
- Provide two letters of recommendation, one by an active ACOEM Fellow; and
- Submit a current Curriculum Vitae and $225 application fee.
Please visit the Fellows FAQ page
for more information on the Fellows application process, eligibility criteria, required documents, etc.
How to Apply
To be considered for the Fellows Class of 2023, please submit your completed application and all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than November 1, 2022.
- Download the application for the Class of 2023 here.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com
ACOEM Physician Leadership Program – Vista
Licensed by the Interstate Postgraduate Medical Association [IPMA]
Vista is an exclusive, a six-month physician leadership program for ACOEM Fellows which includes self-paced online modules and two in-person training sessions. Participation is limited to 15 ACOEM Fellows. All participants are expected to attend both in-person training days at the ACOEM headquarters in Elk Grove Village, IL. Travel and lodging will be at the participant’s expense. Registration includes all learning materials, virtual modules, IPMA’s learning portal, and food and beverage during the in-person sessions. ACOEM Fellows who complete all online modules and both in-person programs days will be recognized at the 2023 American Occupational Health Conference (AOHC) in Philadelphia, PA, in April.
This comprehensive leadership curriculum will cover:
- DiSC Leadership Assessment
- Personal Leadership Effectiveness
- Emotional Intelligence
- Effective Communication
- Difficult Conversations
- Team Building, Dynamics, and Conflicts
- Leading Through Change
- Quality and Process Improvement
- Value Based Care
- Understanding Risk
- Quadruple Aim
The in-person trainings will be led by IPMA professional staff and facilitated by the ACOEM Presidential Line leadership (Douglas Martin, MD, FACOEM, FAAFP, FIAIME; Kenji Saito, MD, JD, FACOEM; and Tanisha Taylor, MD, MPH, MBA, CIME, FACP, FACOEM).
Self-paced modules begin October 1, 2022. In-person trainings at the OEM Learning Center at ACOEM Headquarters (25 Northwest Point Boulevard, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007) are scheduled for Saturday, December 10, 2022, and Saturday, February 25, 2023.
26.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits (minimum)
ACOEM Fellows only
Additional information on the Vista program can be found online at https://ipmameded.org/vista