Navigating a Post-Vaccine World:
Virus, Vaccine, and Variants
Friday and Saturday, June 11-12, 2021
11:00 AM - 3:00 PM CDT Daily
Eligible for 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
Download Preliminary Agenda View Faculty Profiles
Schedule subject to change
Day 1 (June 11) Topics:
- Vaccine Updates
- Variants and Emerging Strains
- Vaccine Hesitancy
- Vaccine Rollout – Employees, Health Care Facilities, and Communities
- Effectiveness of Masks and Lockdowns
- Ventilation – Updates to Improve Air Quality
Day 2 (June 12) Topics:
- Post-COVID Syndrome
- Evaluating the Patient with Post-COVID Symptoms
- Neuropsychology Issues
- Treatment and Rehabilitation
- Update on Retaining Employment and Talent after Injury/Illness Network (RETAIN)
- Update on COVID-19 and Workers’ Compensation
- Supporting Mental Health While Working from Home
- Updates on Spirometry and Other Surveillance Exams During COVID-19
Program (2 days)
All registrants will receive the recordings, slides, and Q&A transcripts post-event!
- ACOEM Member: $225
- ACOEM Medical Student/Resident/Retired Member: $125
- Non-Member: $325
Registration is open until 10:30 am CDT on Friday, June 11.
Post-Symposium Networking Sessions
Join your colleagues each day after the Symposium to share the challenges, successes, and losses of living and working through the pandemic. Breakout themes include:
- COVID-19 vaccination campaigns – successes and challenges
- COVID-19 messaging for the public’s health: What has worked and what has failed in the Nation, your state, and your organization?
- Maintaining well-being during the pandemic and for the future
The Virtual Symposium is designed for physicians and other health care professionals who specialize in or have an interest in occupational and environmental medicine (OEM), including nurses, physician assistants, industrial hygienists, safety professionals, environmental health specialists, and human resource professionals.
Accreditation and Credit Designation Statements
The American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits
™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Virtual Symposium Planning Committee
- Tanisha Taylor, MD, MPH, MBA, FACOEM
- Rupali Das, MD, MPH, FACOEM
- Kathryn Mueller, MD, MPH, FACOEM
- Robert Blink, MD, MPH, FACOEM
- Leslie Israel, DO, MPH, FACOEM
- X.J. Ethan Moses, MD, MPH
- Chang Rim Na, MD, MPH, FACOEM
- Robert R. Orford, MD, MPH, MS, FACOEM, FAsMA, FACPM, FACP, FRCPC, FRSM
- Glenn Pransky, MD, FACOEM