ACOEM's advocacy activities help the College maintain a strong presence in Washington D.C., to ensure that its members' interests are represented in key decisions affecting occupational and environmental medicine.
ACOEM's activities include:
- Developing the public policy program for ACOEM
- Maintaining relationships with members of the Congress, regulatory personnel, and other government relations personnel
- Assisting in the development of public policies to support the goals of the College
- Analyzing legislation and regulatory proposals
- Providing counsel on current and pending policy matters.