ACOEM is seeking member-authored content.
Submissions can cover any topic or issue relating to OEM (such as the environment’s impact on worker health, racial equity in healthcare, screening for LEOs, etc.). Articles can be educational or editorial and may be edited for clarity and length.
- Individual articles should be submitted in Microsoft Word and should not exceed 900 words.
- There are no spacing or font requirements. Articles will be formatted to AQ specifications by the editing team.
- Please submit proposals for recurring article topics / themes to email@example.com.
- Educational content should not be written in first person.
- Identify author(s) in the byline, including credentials (degrees, etc).
- Include brief biographical information for the primary author, such as current involvement in ACOEM committees/work groups/task forces, employer, title, etc. This will not count against article word limits.
- Include one or two visual elements, if possible, (graphs, infographics, tables, photographs, etc.) with a 1-2 sentence caption.
- Authors should secure proper ownership / rights before submitting visual elements. Source should be cited, if applicable.
- Any image that features a patient must be approved in writing by the patient and submitted to ACOEM.
- Avoid, if possible, text that requires extensive references, footnotes, and/or endnotes.
- All submissions must be emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by the stated content deadline (see below).
AQ Content Schedule:
||Target Print Date
||Target Mail Date
|Q3 / Summer 2021
||July 23, 2021
||August 20, 2021
||August 27, 2021
|Q4 / Fall 2021
||October 29, 2021
||November 12, 2021
||November 19, 2021
|Q1 / Winter 2022
||February 18, 2022
||March 18, 2022
||March 25, 2022
|Q2 / Spring 2022
||May 20, 2022
||June 10, 2022
||June 17, 2022
Questions / suggestions about article topics or content submission?
Email the ACOEM Quarterly editorial staff at email@example.com