Employers are making the connection between the good health of the workforce and the overall success of their enterprises. In this environment, the demand for physicians and other professionals trained in understanding the complex factors that affect worker health has grown significantly.
How can ACOEM benefit you as a student or resident?
- ACOEM E-News: This monthly newsletter will keep you informed on the field and what is happening at ACOEM.
- ACOEM Science in the News: A weekly newsletter that covers developments in the field.
- Educational Courses: Further your education by registering for ACOEM’s courses on Foundations of Occupational Medicine, Medical Review Officer, Work Disability Prevention, Spirometery and more! Members receive discounted registration.
- The Annual American Occupational Health Conference (AOHC): Attend the largest gathering of OEM professionals in the U.S. for the most extensive educational offerings in Occupational and Environmental Health each year. ACOEM’s annual meeting always has an impressive array of speakers and topics.
- ACOEM Career Center: The online career center for OEM professionals. Whether you are looking for a new job opportunity or searching for a top professional to hire, the career center provides a one-stop shop.
- Rotation Finder: Increase your familiarity and experience in occupational medicine by completing an internship or rotation.
- Subscriptions: MRO Update (10 times a year) and CDME Review (Quarterly). ACOEM members receive special pricing.
- Special Interest Sections: Resident members of ACOEM receive complimentary membership to the Residents and Recent Graduates Special Interest Section as well as two additional sections free of cost.
- Networking: Opportunities are available through your local component society, educational courses, and at ACOEMs annual conference (AOHC).
- The Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (JOEM): The critically-acclaimed, print version is mailed to Resident Members monthly. The online archive is available to both Medical Student and Resident Members
- Mentoring: Get guidance and advice from the top physicians and health professionals in the field of OEM.
Join ACOEM to begin accessing your benefits.
ACOEM offers special rates for residents and students.